Friday, March 15, 2013

Retiring

Hello people of the paleo-blogosphere. I'm sorry to say this, but I have decided to retire from blogging. This was not an easy decision to make, and I only came to it after a great deal of soul-searching. The fact is, my heart just isn't in blogging anymore, and it hasn't been for quite some time. When I started this blog, I was very enthusiastic and enjoyed sharing my thoughts on various paleo-related topics, but lately I've been feeling like I have less and less things to talk about, and my posting has become fairly irregular as a result. I think it's time to end the fight, and move on to other things. But rest assured, my interest in paleontology has not diminished. However, from this point on, I will be pursuing my interest on a more personal level, with less involvement in the online community. Finally, I want to thank everyone who has followed and commented on my blog. Without your support, this hobby would not have persisted as long as it has. But now it is time for me to focus on other endeavors. Goodbye, and best wishes to all of you.

P.S. I'm sorry I wasn't able to finish my Utah Travelogue series, but it was my lack of dedication that helped lead me to the decision to stop blogging. In addition, a recent Love in the Time of Chasmosaurs post covered the same material I was going to cover in the final post of my series, so finishing up seemed rather superfluous.

4 comments:

  1. I completely understand man.

    Traumador suffered a very similar result, and many components of ART Evolved are going the same way...

    Do take care in your future endeavours. Good luck in the topsy turby world of palaeo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear this Ian - but I wish you well regardless. Anyhow, will still be seeing you on FB. Keep the faith.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found it quite coincidental that my 1st blog post was on the same day as your last 1 ( http://blogevolved.blogspot.com/2013/03/introducing-hadiazmy-1st-listmania-list.html ). In any case, I wish you luck & hope to see you around.

    BTW, out of curiosity, how close are you to making your paleo passion a career? I ask b/c I just realized you started this blog 4 years ago, & thus must be a lot closer by now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys, and good luck to you too.

    Hadiaz, I was a freshman in college when I started this blog, and now I'm an upper level undergrad. I'm mainly closer to making paleontology a career in the sense that I'm closer to graduating college, but I still have a bit of a ways to go.

    ReplyDelete